August 24, 2015
Badry residence, Mirror Lake
1. Call to order, members present: Robert Wilson, Inga Herbold, Robert Dovey, Art Mason, Gail Badry and Tara Clapp. Quorum present.
2. Election of officers: All elections unanimous. Chair is Robert Wilson, Vice-Chair is Inga Herbold, Treasurer is Robert Dovey, Secretary is Tara Clapp, and Members at Large: Art Mason and Gail Badry
3. Resignation submitted by Jeff Mattes, accepted by Board.
4. Signing authority KSCU: Moved that signing authority for Mirror Lake Water Users Community for Kootenay Savings Credit Union Account # 500752675 be held by Robert Wilson, Chair, Robert Dovey, Treasurer, and Tara Clapp, Secretary, any two of which may sign. Moved by Tara, second by Inga, carried.
5. Continuation Meeting
- The vote at the AGM was that 3 members would call the continuation meeting, hopefully they will wait until we are prepared to present new documents.
- Updating member list: Tara to oversee as Secretary, Inga and Gail to assist
- Minutes: Tara to revise minutes from July, November, to be records of decisions.
- Financial Statements: Bob D. to revise, this will take the most time (schedule), Bob will let us know when ready, so that we can arrange continuation meeting
- Budget: Tara to draft 2015-2016 Budget to go with Treasurer’s Report, Bob to review, discuss
- Notice, date and venue.
6. Line Bleaching August 25: Robert W, Robert D, Art M to attend.
Note that Board needs to approve maintenance schedule so that sufficient notice can be given.
7. 2015-2016 Budget and Workplan ... topic of next Board meeting
- Discussion of Bylaws process, there is a need for involvement and awareness.
- Communications: Robert W to research options for website like Fletcher Creek
POE and water quality records assessment … what info do we have, what do we need?
- Letter from Meg Seaker presented (more information required), other potential liabilities with members discussed.
- Board workshop not discussed
8. Board Transition ..
- Gate lock key to be changed. Bob D moved, Inga second, passed. (Bob to do)
- Authority to pick up mail at Canada Post, Box 775 Kaslo V0G 1M0 be held first by Treasurer Bob Dovey, with Secretary Tara Clapp as second. Mail keys to Bob D and Tara C.
- Records of correspondence and other files to Tara C.
- State of the system knowledge: Nathan Ward report likely best summary of infrastructure information, Gail suggests that long time residents are a wealth of knowledge on ins and outs
- To Dos: Secretary to contact IHA, Comptroller, Members about new Board, new contact persons
9. Next Meeting: Monday September 21, 7pm. Gail will be away, need another location.